Spread The Groove...



So I promised more music, and less of me waffling on about all my mischief, so I feel now is the time to just unload all the tunes I've been rinsing lately and put them all up for your enjoyment. I would like to think of it as a little gift package, and a thank you to those who have been reading, and hopefully will continue to read SOTW. We are approaching our year 1st birthday soon and so far our humble little blog has gone from strength to strength. Our mission has stayed the same since day 1: to provide our small, focused and intelligent audience with regular updates on the developments in the electronic music scene, from two people who are a little obsessed with it.

I'm sure you'll find something in this selection to fall in love with, some of these tracks go back a month or two but are still all doing the rounds in sets all over the place. Unfortunately, none of them are the track in the video above, which was taken at fabric's birthday weekend last year during Damian Lazarus's Sunday evening set. It took a while to have any idea what the first track was (the second track is Russ Yallop's I Can't Wait), and still nobody can be totally sure, but I'm 90% certain it's called Much Too Much, by Art Department and it will be included in their forthcoming album, due to be released in late April. Why do I think this? Well a couple of good reasons I believe: Firstly, as a DJ, Damian Lazarus certainly doesn't hold back using his label's finest output, which although could come across a little self-indulgent, you can hardly blame him considering the ridiculous success of Crosstown Rebels. It's worth noting he also dropped this when he appeared at Eastern Electrics NYE party. Secondly, listen to the lyrics: "Love you, love you, love you, love you much too much", and on Art Dept's album there is track called Much Too Much. Those clues are enough to convince me, but either way I can't wait much longer for this, another early contender for one of the year's best tracks, whatever it is.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the best of the last while.

Afrilounge - Lux Dementia (Not at all new I'm aware, but it's inclusion in Steve Bug's fabric mix, who I'm seeing tomorrow night, has rekindled my love for this classic)


Cut Copy - Take Me Over (Mylo Remix)


BeatauCue - Behold


Random Factor - Convergence


Benoit & Sergio - Walk & Talk


Geddes & Alex Jones - Tubular (Lauhaus Remix)


Ernesto Ferreyra - Letting Go (Guillaume & The Coutu Dumonts Remix)


Jay Haze & Ricardo Villalobos - The Darkest Disco


Agoria feat. Carl Craig - Speechless


Freaks & 012 - Conscious of my Conscience (Dubstramental)


Maya Jane Coles - Play The Game


Frivolous - Back Into The Deep


Steffi feat. Virginia - Yours


Tame Impala - Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind? (Erol Alkan Rework)


dOP & Seuil - Prostitute (Visionquest Remix)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top