Sorry I'm Minimal 3


It's a big weekend for our, and many others minimal indulgence. As you should be aware, it's fabric's 11th birthday weekend. The Saturday 'night', which doesn't actually stop until 5am on Monday, is loaded with the finest minimalist structures. Ricardo Villalobos will be in command at various times throughout the event, Âme will perform live, while Damian Lazarus among others will engage in 4 hour+ long sets of stripped-down beats. In celebration of such an important event ahead of us, for both SOTW and Electronic music in general, this particular Sorry I'm Minimal post features a new mix from my good self, featuring mostly new material I've acquired in the last couple of months (and a little surprise at the end), and of course the mandatory pack of minimal tunes. But I also feel like throwing in a few old favourites!

Sry I'm mnml...

The mix is only about 20 minutes long or so. It showcases some of my favourite minimal beats from the hundreds I've acquired over the last couple of months. Some tunes are slightly deeper, some more summery and housey. I thought I would finish off with one of my favourite minimal productions of all time. Nothing new at all, but a perfect demonstration of how to stretch the perimeters of electronic music's most pared-down style. Brimming with rich, deep and rhythmic sounds, there's no prizes for who guesses finishes my little mnml mix.

20 Minute Mnml Mix by SotW Blog

The first three of the pack are included in the mix. For full track listing visit our SoundCloud dropbox.

Gathaspar - Cologne




Ramires & Babalao - Air-Con




Nico Lahs - Ask For Soul


Super Flu - Oktavlachs (Hanne & Lore Remix)


And lastly, I couldn't help having a bit of Richieeee. Although he's not at fabric on Saturday (Sunday or Monday), as far as abstract minimal goes, Hawtin's still the daddy.

Plastikman - Konsumption

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top