Now We Rave....3

The third installment of Now We Rave brings you some more underground club bangers hot on the circuit, as always touring tempos from groovy house to much darker, more unpleasant techno sounds.

I'm not quite sure how I came across Jan Driver's Tellyfoam, but I instantly recognised it. Then I realised it was actually another brilliant tune I had heard for the first time at EXIT, where DJ Mehdi cleverly featured it in his brilliant housey-electro set on the Sunday. It's weird and wonderfully danceable, with such a fascinating bassline. Expect this to be in many a house or techno set for time to come.

Jan Driver - Tellyfoam


I'm well aware this isn't a new track at all, in fact I'm pretty sure it's been around for ages but after first hearing it when Cassius dropped it in their amazing set at Together in London back in April, I had been almost obsessed with trying to hunt down whatever it was. The next time I heard it was during Mehdi's set (again) at EXIT. It was only after that I finally discovered what it was, thanks to Chris's undisclosed sources. Ironically, it turned out to be L-Vis 1990, who we had seen at EXIT also, and had only really just been properly exposed to. It's shuddering, trashy, funky bassline is ultimate rave satisfaction.

L-Vis 1990 - Compass


I don't think I've heard this out yet, but after reading it's one of Brodinski's current fav's, I had to get my hands on it. I have seen Brodinski a few times and it's stylistically perfect for one of his techy sets. It's also worth crediting Acid Girls for yet another excellent remix.

Human Life - In It Together (Acid Girls Remix)


Another Brodinski favourite, Mumbai Science's Ancova is as Chris superbly put it, 'an absolutely huge techno tune'. This is a dancefloor weapon, with enough euphoria-soaked bass-heavy drops to make your average 8am raver weak at the knees.

Mumbai Science - Ancova (Dry Edit)


Chris says Boys Noize has used this in his sets before? I believe him. It's wonderfully groovy disco house, but with enough electro distortion to keep the sweat dripping off those walls... There's also a turbo-charged Xinobi remix out there for those wanting a bit more...

Gooseflesh - Caravan (Original Mix)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top