FabricLive 53: Drop The Lime


I recall seeing Drop The Lime, early this year in Bristol at one of the channel 4's free Skins' parties. He was there at the same time as Kavinsky, who inevitably was the only real reason we were there. Despite a magnificent performance from Kav, I don't remember being too impressed with DTL who was on some time earlier. Maybe it was the truly abysmal crowd that had flocked to The Old Firestation that night- a melange of high-heeled girls and boring looking indie-kids who had come in the hope of seeing a cameo from Nicholas Hoult. Either way, I don't think we hung around for long during his set. Since then it's fair to say I haven't really paid much attention to the Trouble & Bass boss, but then all of a sudden fabric started paying attention, and in true band-wagon style I started doing the same. He was chosen to mix FabricLive 53, and after a series of irritating fabricfirst delays, I finally got to hear it just yesterday. It's actually awesome, a thrilling mash-up of electro, fidget, house and almost everything else inbetween, with contributions from AC Slater, Zombies for Money and Autoerotique among others. If you're like I was, and perhaps aren't so swayed by DTL's abrasive style, I would recommend giving him a second chance here.

Buy FabricLive 53: Drop The Lime at fabric's website now for £10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top